Bo Bunny Gabrielle Newsletter – 1st layout

Ok – we missed a whole newsletter whilst I was otherwise occupied with life. Thought I had better get them up now in-between the Echo Park stuff for Tracy. Poor old Gabrielle – such a lovely range – it waited forever on my desk until I could get to it and now it has had to wait to get onto the blog as well.

Gabrielle is a stunning range. Bo Bunny has excelled yet again with this pretty combination of salmon pink, turquoise, cream, brown and white. With a repeated butterfly and flourish motif, Gabrielle is both delicate and feminine – and oh so suited to shabby chic styles of scrapping (as well as many others for that matter). As with all their ranges, Gabrielle has all of the wonderful embellishments and accessories we have come to expect from Bo Bunny. You don’t need to throw them all onto the one layout though, as in some ways, this is a range where ‘less is more’ –  you can use this range sparingly and yet effectively, to create your layouts.

 

With Mona Lisa Smile I have tried to focus on the small amounts of orange that are scattered here and there in the range. There’s not a lot of it – but it is there – and it makes a nice change from all the pink that dominates most of the layouts I have seen with this range. The base paper for the layout is the lovely chocolate reverse of the signature paper of the range – Gabrielle. Over this I have used a piece of the gorgeous Flight, which I have cut into a shaped piece using a stitching template. Using the stitching template also allowed me to do the matching stitched border with a minimum of effort. You just have to love those butterflies along the right border – you don’t need to embellish that side of the layout much with those beauties there.

 

Digging deep into my stash I pulled out some old She alphas and gave them a bi-coloured coat of Choc-Covered Cherries and Peach Delight Glimmermist. Over the top of this – for a little glitter and texture – I added some Spiced Marmalade Distress Stickles. The lace tucked under the paper edge has also been coloured with Peach Delight Glimmermist.

 The smaller alphas are some Scrap FX ones that I have been hoarding for years. I LOVE these for occasions where you want delicate letters to fit into a small space. They are hard to come by these days and I get very excited when I find someone who stocks them. 

 

In this close-up you can see the Spiced Marmalade Distress Stickles and the way it gives both glitter and texture to the alphas. This being a lighter colour – the glitter pieces are more obvious. The darker Distress Stickle colours tend to be less obviously ‘glitter’ and show more texture. The glitter also stands out more on the darker inked sections of the chippy (on the alphas) than on the matching Spiced Marmalade inked sections. 

I overlaid a ‘vacant’ section of the photo with a corner piece from the Dusty Attic Baroque Frame Set – Circle chipboard. Just loving the gorgeous ornate flourishes on this set. To finish it off there is an altered Prima rose and a bit of the pearl string from the Gabrielle Wraps pack.

With the 3 butterflies design taking up a large part of the layout, I chose to save room and put my journalling on the back of a tag. To make the tag, I used the matching paper from the 6 x 6 Paper Pad and simply traced it out using a Darkroom Door tag as a template. The butterfly is one of the Rubons, and I’ve added a small rose, a bit of brown ribbon and a little of the pearl chain from the Wraps pack (oos). The tag itself is tucked under one of the stickers from the Grow Love Stickers set (oos). To embellish the sticker I added more roses and pearl chain, as well as some chipboard and one of the cute little silver butterfly charms Mary has in the store.

  

Continuing up around the sticker edge there is more of the Dusty Attic Baroque Frame Set – Circle chipboard. I’ve used the frame itself on another upcoming layout – here I have used the matching corners from the set (one piece is cut into two bits), but you could also use the Baroque Corners set for this as well.

The small roses were white – they’ve been coloured with Turqoise Blue Glimmermist together with a dab of Crystalina Kindyglitz, whilst the larger roses are Prima roses (originally a light brown) which have been given a coat of Choc-Covered Cherries Glimmermist.

  

The gorgeous butterfly is from the 12 x 12 Chipboard set. It’s not clear in the image, but the pearl chain is actually a very pretty, pale sea-green colour – and although it matches the pearls in the pin, only the pearl chain is part of the Gabrielle range (the pin is from my stash).

It’s worth another close-up of the chipboard just to see the finish the Spiced Marmalade Distress Stickles produces. Like the alphas in the title – the base colour is Peach Delight Glimmermist over which the Distress Stickles has been added. The edges of the chipboard have been inked with Jumbo Java Versa Magic. The overall effect is a little like crushed glass – very pretty.

I’m rather pleased with the way this came out – for a while there I didn’t think it was going to work. It’s such a beautiful range of papers though I don’t really think you could do anything ugly with them. (lol – thank goodness). 🙂

Advertisements

One Response

  1. Beautiful page…I really liked how you brought out the orange instead of the pink with this line of paper…love admiring all the small details. Wonderful work!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: