Arrgghhh – having computer issues now. Another virus. Biting the bullet and have put in an order for a new computer – this one is just past trying to save. There’s only so many times you can raise the dead. I will have to limp along with this one for a week or so – without Outlook (s0 no emails) and only partial access to the internet (so not much posting anywhere) until the new one has been built though – so bear with me.
I’ve managed to sneak in and grab the photo images of the completed second page for DS2’s Cyanide & Happiness layout – so whilst I can get access to them, here they are. It’s not often you get asked to make a matching page – so when DS2 begged for the comic strip to be shown rather than hidden behind the tag, I thought I would humour him and make one up. Lol – the hardest part was finding a strip that wasn’t rude or offensive, so that it could be shown without offending anyone.
I’ve kept to the same papers and cardstock – but I turned them 90 degrees to prevent the layout looking too similar. So, the base for the layout is a piece of Burnt Orange/Chocolate cardstock. The bottom layer is the dotted reverse side of Spooky Damask and over this is one of the web pattern reverse side of Scary Stripe. For the top layer, there is a section of the newsprint pattern from Skeleton. Just above the layered papers I added a left-over strip from a scalloped punched edge of the striped side of Scary Stripe.
I used my new Tim Holtz Halloween Blue-print stamps to create this lovely little tombstone. I’ve stamped it onto a piece of Marshmellow/Kraft cardstock and then added a little smudging of Black Soot Distress Ink to age it a little.
The same process produced this cute little bat as well.
Up in the right-hand top corner I filled in some ‘white’ space with another embellishment cluster: a bit of the skull and crossbones sticker strip from the Element Stickers pack, a pennant strip of Scary Stripe and a cute little Black Skeleton Charm from Tracy.
I love this chippy. 🙂 It has turned out way better than I hoped it might with such a simple treatment. It’s a Twiddleybitz Winged Skull (SKU001) and like the spiderweb on the first page, it ws Gesso’ed and then inked with an old black catseye inkpad. I’ve tried to ink the chippy so that the darker areas match where there would be shadows on a real skull and I think it has worked a treat. I popped some darker cardstock behind the eye sockets and nose to add to the shadows. DS2 thinks it is awesome, so you can’t not be happy with that.
The small chipboard letters are again from the Itty Bitty Alphabet (ALPHA005B) from Twiddleybitz. They were black originally, but I painted them with some Kaiser Mocha paint. Again I ‘blobbed’ it on – so the alphas have a heap of texture to them in real life that doesn’t show up well in the images.
I’ve a few more layouts to share – but getting them up will depend on how often and long I can beg a laptop from my teens. Hopefully I’ll get my new, virus-free and better-protected desktop within a week. Until then -check out my2angels for All Hallows Eve and all the other new stock Tracy has had arrive this week.